MS, MRCSEd, FRSPH, FICS, FACS,
FICRS, MACEm PhD
Breast & Endocrine Surgery
Brest Oncology, Oncoplastic Breast Surgery, Cosmetic Breast Surgery, Endoscopic & Robotic Thyroid Surgery, Parathyroid Surgery.
Brest diseases and its treatment are often complex and challenging. In India, breast related problems are usually managed by the general surgeons and gynaecologists. In the western world, these conditions area being managed by a specialist breast surgeon with extensive skills and knowledge to provide excellent patient care.
Endocrine surgery is an emerging surgical speciality to deal with the wide spectrum of complex endocrine disorders. This speciality includes management of common thyroid problems and also parathyroid gland, adrenal gland disorders.
Dr S.Tamil Selvan has completed structured surgical training in Breast & Endocrine surgery in various world renowned hospitals within UK for more than 8 years and gained wealth of knowledge, surgical skills in Breast & Endocrine Surgery. The breast surgical training also included fellowships in Oncoplastic and cosmetic breast surgery with reputed surgeons at UK, Belgium and Italy.
- MBBS : September 1992-May1998, CMCH, Coimbatore
- MS – May 1999 – March 2002, CMCH, Coimbatore
- MRCSEd – Membership of the Royal college of Surgeons of Edinburgh (2003)
- MRCSI – Membership of the intercollegiate surgical board, UK (2004)
- FICS - Fellow of the International College of Surgeons (2009)
- FACS – Fellowship of the American College of Surgeons (2013)
- FICRS – Fellowship of International college of Robotic surgeons (2013)
- Ph.D E Hill University (2009)
- MACE – Membership of American Association of clinical Endocrinology (2012)
Dr. S.Tamilselvan visited University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinic, Wisconsin, USA and completed the visiting Endocrine surgery.
Dr.S.Tamilselvan also visited Severance Hospital, South Korea for endoscopic and robotic thyroid surgery training as an International fellow under the auspicious guidance of Prof.WY Chung, Prof. SW Kang
Dr S.Tamil Selvan has presented various research papers in this speciality at the national, international meetings during the surgical training in UK.
Dr S. Tamil Selvan has been providing excellent surgical care for patients in Trichy 2011.
Endocrine Surgery :
- All types of thyroid surgeries for both benign & malignant thyroid conditions.
- Short stay – Thyroid surgery using Harmonic shears.
- Various types of neck lymph node dissections like MRND, FND etc.,
- Endoscopic and robotic thyroid surgery (Scarless thyroid surgery)
- Minimally invasive parathyroidectomy for primary Hyperparathyroidism.
- Laparoscopic, Open surgical procedures for benign, malignant adrenal tumors.
- All types of breast surgeries for benign breast lumps using cosmetic incisions.
- Brest cancers – Breast conservative procedures (BCT) and Oncoplastic breast surgery for early breast cancers.
- Breast reconstructive procedures using breast implants, LD Flaps following mastectomy for breast cancer treatment.
- Cosmetic surgeries like Breast Augmentation, Reduction Mammoplasty, Mastopexy (breast upliftment), Breast asymmetry procedures etc.,
- Various types of gynaecomastia surgeries for males.